Spherical View Radar technology explained
Conventional radars are like a searchlight
They send out directed beams of radiation in a given direction, spinning or rotating these beams around to detect objects in a volume – the signal is reflected off the target back to the transmission point.
Spherical View Radar work more like floodlights on a football field
Multiple omnidirectional transmit beams radiate over a wide area. The receiver is passive and does not emit any radiation: it “stares” in all directions simultaneously, resulting in complete spherical coverage.
Coverage that redefines the norm
Spherical View Radar eliminates the limitations of traditional radar systems: no more “cone of silence,” no more “minimum range,” no more “lack of elevation,” no more “ground clutter.”
- - True continuous spherical coverage day or night and in all weather conditions: 360 degrees azimuth and elevation with detection range of 1m to 2km for targets with an RCS as low as 0.001 m.
- - Provides unmatched 3D situational awareness over the entire protected volume, showing exact drone location on a 2D and 3D UI display, enabling a precise response.
- - Low profile RF signature and compact size making the system’s operation difficult to detect.
Next-level accuracy and resolution
Target detection based on TDOA signal processing provides unmatched 3D accuracy for radar detection
- - Detection of up to 100 targets (0.5 meters resolution) with a Radar Cross Section of 0.001sq m (3 x 3cm) at an accuracy of 1 cubic meter within 2km.
- - Ability to detect and track drones of any type including: autonomous (RF silent), hovering and fast-moving (0…500 km/h) in a spherical zone of surveillance with no blind spots.
- - Micro-doppler algorithm along with AI-driven signal post-processing eliminates mistaking other flying objects like birds, kites, balloons etc. for drones.
Unmatched installation flexibility
Modular design helps to optimize placement options to maximize coverage and minimize cost
- - Scalable configuration of light-weight networked sensors to provide coverage to facilities of any size and geometry, tailored to avoid any shadow zones in complex and cluttered environments.
- - Adjustable transmitters power range from 0.1 W to 10 W; can be safely used in congested RF environments.
- - Flexible complement of transmitters and receivers tailored for any site and scenario, eliminating excess spending on underused equipment.